Burlington, New Jersey
Masonic Village at Burlington (NJ) is a CCRC offering a full array of services including long term skilled nursing care, comprehensive personal care, short term rehabilitation, memory care, hospice, and respite care. The Executive Director, with full support from an engaged leadership group and a team of seasoned Directors, will lead the development of the organization during a time if exciting expansion and transformation! After new construction is complete, the campus will consist of 143 skilled beds, 77 personal/memory care beds, and 229 retirement independent living units (apartments and cottages). The forward-thinking leadership style of the ED will also drive positive culture change with the existing team of 525 employees.
The Executive Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating all facets of campus operations for the Masonic Charity Foundation (MCF) in alignment with its mission. Creates a cohesive campus environment where residents, staff and volunteers can grow. Foster an organization-wide commitment to quality assurance and performance improvement, both verbally and non-verbally, through actions and attitude. Provides leadership, direction and accountability for all major programs affecting facilities and services. Maintains operational responsibility, including, but not limited to, all matters affecting residents, employees and operations. This would include budget preparation and management, compliance, human resources practices, facility occupancy and community relations. Consults and advises the appropriate corporate officer, as needed, for the same.
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited college in business, finance, healthcare, human resources management or equivalent.
2. Five years’ minimum pertinent work experience.
3. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form and basic computer skills.
4. Working knowledge of financial accounting, budget methods, and sound business practices.
5. Thorough knowledge and background in geriatric health care and retirement living services.
6. Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations as they apply to long term care and retirement living communities.
7. Must be licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in the State of New Jersey, or be eligible to take the next examination to be licensed.
8. Must be able to prioritize projects and deal with long and irregular hours with many interruptions.
1. Participates with the Executive Team in strategic planning for the Masonic Charity Foundation of New Jersey (Masonic Village at Burlington & Acacia Hospice).
2. Provides leadership for the continuous quality assessment and improvement process and assures that customer feedback and outcome data drive the process.
3. Provides and maintains effective communication with staff, residents, families, and the community to solicit feedback regarding performance, needs, safety, etc., and to effectively build relationships.
4. Ensures the efficient economic and quality performance of all departments in the delivery of quality health care and services.
5. Ensures that campus services comply with regulatory and accrediting standards and that developed policies, procedures, systems, and programs are in compliance.
6. Assure effective management staff through appropriate hiring, professional development, coaching, mentoring, and a performance enhancement process that is focused on achieving personal and organizational goals.
7. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of latest trends. Serves on professional/civic organizations as the Masonic Village/ Acacia Hospice/MCF representative. Meets with members of the community to promote good community relations and to promote wellness and preventive health care.
8. Proactively and effectively resolves problems and issues using teamwork and collaboration and interdisciplinary involvement. Empowers staff to problem solve, make recommendations, and decisions for process improvements.
9. REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS- Demonstrated ability to implement local, state, and federal regulations, and compliance monitoring.
10. RESIDENT CARE- Demonstrated knowledge of professional standards of practice and the ability to assure their implementation. Encourages critical thinking in the delivery of individualized care to maximize opportunities for residents and staff.
11. RESIDENT SERVICES- Displays a holistic approach and visionary leadership in the development and delivery of health care and retirement living services. Remains accountable for cost effective implementation.
12. QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COMMITMENT- Assumes a leadership role in quality improvement program. Directs the process improvement initiatives for health care services and retirement living. Welcomes customer feedback and role models customer service.
13. PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT- Demonstrates ability to teach and apply leadership and motivational theories which assures respect and dignity for all staff; including teamwork and communication. Delegates effectively to facilitate growth and enthusiasm in management staff. Creates opportunity for staff at all levels.
Masonic Village at Burlington offers a supportive and pleasant working environment situated on 450 acres in rural Burlington Township.
Working in the healthcare arena is both challenging and rewarding for many reasons. A career at the Masonic Village offers you a chance to have a positive impact on others’ lives.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and recognize our employees as caring individuals who are valued as assets to our community.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.